At Renaissance Floor Restoration, we see hardwood floors all across Rhode Island. Whether we install or refinish, homeowners always like to tell us why they choose hardwood flooring for their homes. The benefits are numerous. Besides the fact that it looks good (which is obvious) these are other reasons to choose hardwood for your home.
- Hardwood is a classic choice that will not ‘date’ a home. Carpet trends come and go but hardwood flooring remains a timeless look.
- Carpets release chemicals after installation, sometimes for years after installation! Unhealthy…and the cause of sinus problems and allergies.
- Hardwood floors allow you to use rugs for decorative purposes and rather than a wall-to-wall carpet that cannot be easily changed out, you can change the small rugs frequently and keep them clean.
- Hardwood floors are cleaner. They will not hold allergens or dust which makes for a healthier environment for allergy or asthma sufferers. Carpets are increasingly difficult to care for. Even with vacuuming regularly, particles such as dirt, dust and grit sink into the carpet weave and through the pad and settle Dampness from everyday use ( and even carpet shampooing) increases dampness and mold and mildew growth. Dust mites like carpet and for individuals with allergies, carpets are a source of dander, dust, mildew, and pollen.
- While hardwood floors may cost more initially, they are long-lasting, need less maintenance, and can be repaired easily which makes it a good investment in the long-term.
- Because carpets are made from synthetic materials, hardwoods are a better choice environmentally. Woods are a sustainable material. Synthetics cause pollution and are not easily recycled.
- Hardwood floors increase the value of your home and if you plan to sell, this alone is a great point to remember.
- Hardwood floors do get scratched, dented, scuffed and damaged in high traffic areas but wood flooring can be sanded and refinished to restore its appearance. It is rare to have to replace a wood floor, but wall-to-wall carpet needs replacing frequently.
Now that we’ve stated our case for hardwood flooring and shown you the benefits of choosing it over carpet, when you’re ready to install, replace, or refinish your hardwoods, give Renaissance Floor Restoration a call at 401.280.0933 and we will be happy to help you get started.